Welcome to Geared Strength!
My name is Tennyson. There is a RIDICULOUS amount of health, fitness, and training information out there to wade through.
When you train with me you will get someone that is personally invested in YOU. Someone that will give you honest answers when you need to hear the truth about health and fitness and how it can and will become part of your life, not just for a period in time. We will train in laughter and we will train in frustration. We will celebrate results and accomplishments and we fight through plateaus and setbacks.
Your search ends here.
What We do
- We’ve got a “nothing flashy” approach: we build programs and classes designed for functional movement that enhances your everyday life activities and makes for ultra enjoyment for those extracurricular activities.
- Geared Strength is a personal training business specializing in live virtual fitness classes for people of all identities and fitness levels. It is a transgender & queer-owned and operated business committed to anti-racism. We welcome all gender identities and expressions. We believe in health at every size and a non-restrictive approach to healthy eating: we look to food not as a way to reward workouts, but as a way to nourish and recover your body.
Where We Do It
- Our virtual classes mean you can move in an environment where you feel most comfortable: there’s no traditional gym culture here. We’re a safe space with a welcoming platform.
Why We Do It
- We believe movement should be used to connect to your body both physically and emotionally, instead of being used as a punishment.
- Mainstream fitness and diet culture relies on tired, harmful narratives of what our bodies “should” look like, with outward appearance as the goal. While outward transformations can often be one outcome of movement practice, we believe that how you feel is much more important.
- No two health and fitness journeys look the same, and they for sure don’t take an upward straight line to a finished product. We embrace the zig and the zag, the shifts, and the temporary halt in practice. We celebrate the vulnerability and patience it takes to find consistency in training movement.
- We are here to fortify your body and your brain with movement.